Shopping for plus size clothing can be frustrating, but it doesn’t have to be. If you’re jealous of your friends who seem to have a much better time shopping than you do, it’s time to reevaluate how you are shopping. You can flatter your figure no matter your size. Plus size shopping can be easy if you have a plan.
- Begin with a good foundation. Many women of all sizes are wearing an incorrect bra. If you have trouble shopping, your first step should be to find a good-fitting bra. You may even want to go in for a professional bra fitting if you aren’t sure if you are purchasing the correct size. Proper undergarments can make all the difference when it comes to the fit of the clothes.
- Select the right stores. Too many women try to shop in the misses department instead of the plus size department because of denial over the size they actually wear. Remember that only you will see the tag size. It’s much more important to find clothing that fits, no matter what number is on the tag. Remember that even in plus-sized stores, the size that fits you can vary from store to store, and even from garment to garment.
- Start with the basics. Every woman needs a closet stocked with the basics. If you only choose trendy pieces, you’ll find yourself needing to shop much more frequently as they become outdated.
- Focus on fit. Learn what cuts flatter your figure, and which make you look bigger than you are. Stick with the ones that tend to flatter you, and you’ll always feel good when trying on clothes while you’re out shopping. Enlist the help of friends if you aren’t sure what styles will look good on you.
- Enjoy style. Just because you can’t fit into the same size as a runway model doesn’t mean that you can’t find the same stylish designs in your size. Mix in a few trendy pieces along with your basic wardrobe to help you feel stylish. You may need to look around a bit to find a store that carries both the size and style that you want; luckily, today there are many trendy plus-size stores catering to younger women or those who don’t want to stick to just the basics.
- Shop online. If you dread the prospect of walking into a store and trying on clothing, consider shopping online. Many plus-sized stores offer online storefronts, or are even exclusively online. If you are looking for a wide range of styles, sizes, and price ranges, online may be the way to go. Ideally, you should know your measurements before shopping online so that you can ensure the clothes will fit, but many online clothing stores offer a liberal return policy for this reason.
Plus size shopping can be easy. Just focus on finding clothes that fit and flatter you. Your choices should include the basics as well as a few trendy pieces to help you feel stylish.