Aside from grandiose church weddings, probably the most popular form of wedding ceremonies is the beach wedding. The beach, with its sand, waves and scenery, provides for a very calm and romantic atmosphere perfect for the moment two people decide to seal their relationship with a commitment and a kiss. And because a beach wedding is unconventional, the customary bridal wedding dress just won’t do. Here are a few tips to help you shop for the right beach wedding dress, one you’ll truly remember:
- Decide on a theme. Is your beach wedding going to be a luau party? Or perhaps you’re thinking of something more intimate and much, much simpler. It’s best to think of a theme and work your dress around it. After all, you don’t want to look out of place at your own wedding. Sure, you’re the bride; you should stand out, but not so much that you won’t be able to blend in anymore.
- Keep it simple. Many couples that opt for a beach wedding do so because of budget constraints. So if you’re going to wear a dress with elaborate details, fine diamonds and a long trail, why not get married in a church instead? People appreciate beach weddings because they get to dress down and enjoy the ceremony in a casual manner, so your dress should be laid back, too. Not too much embellishment but still generally awe inspiring.
- Beach wedding dresses should come cheap. Since your dress is simple, it should come cheap. So if you’re on the hunt for the right wedding dress, keep the price in check as well. Simple designs are almost always cheaper than those with crafty details, so make sure that you don’t go overspending on your dress.
- Ready-made or tailor-made? If you can’t decide on the ready-made dresses available in the market, why not hire a designer to make your gown instead? Sure, they don’t come cheap, but at least you’ll get the liberty to decide which design should go into your dress, plus you have complete control over the details. And if something needs to be changed with the dress, your designer can easily remedy it.
- The right fit. You can never go wrong with a dress that is the right fit. Even if the design is not as complicated as you would want it to be, so long as your dress hugs you right, it should look perfect. Make sure to buy the right size for your body type, or instruct your designer to match your dress with your body to a T. You wouldn’t want to just collapse during your wedding because of a tight dress, would you?
Weddings are a special milestone in every person’s life, which is why every detail has to be carefully thought out. Take some time to plan on your wedding and your wedding dress. Make as many adjustments as necessary. And don’t forget to enjoy yourself and your husband-to-be on that day—after all, for most people, it only happens once in a lifetime.