Who says that only rich women can feel the luster of a diamond on their fingers? Not true nowadays! Even if you cannot afford to purchase a diamond ring, at least you can enjoy diamond-like elegance with your zirconium ring. It certainly is cheaper but is far comparable with the luster of a real diamond gem.
As an element, zirconium is described as a lustrous and strong metal, similar to titanium. Zirconium jewelry is considered as the cheap alternative to the most precious gem—the diamond. Zirconium diamond are usually colorless but manufacturers also color them with pale yellow, black, and pink, just like the colors of a diamond. Types of this jewelry include zirconia bands, rings, pendants, and bracelets. Luckily, zirconium rings are widely available in the market nowadays. It was in 1980 when zirconium jewelry was first produced. It has since then been the favorite of resellers and the wholesale market. In fact, to this day, it has invaded even the online market both for solo and wholesale purchases. A lot of websites are coming up to cater to people who shop for sleek and elegant zirconium rings and jewelry.
Zirconium diamonds are made as engagement, wedding, and promise rings. Zirconium jewelry is not limited to resembling synthetic diamonds alone. The element can also be used as a simple ring band creating a product that is just a little stronger than titanium, a black titanium wedding ring, for example. Moreover, it is of no question that zirconium rings are a lot cheaper than the diamond ones. The price of each kind of ring including other jewelry types like zirconia bands, bracelets, and pendants depends on the quality of the item. The prices may vary depending on these factors:
- The type of the ring band. Whether it is gold or silver or any other kind of metal, the price depends on the value of the metal. More likely, a zirconium diamond mounted in silver is cheaper than that of a gold one.
- The size and number of the zirconium diamonds in the ring. It follows that when a zirconium diamond is big or if there are plenty of zirconium diamonds in one ring, the price will go up as well.
- The type of zirconium used. Not all zirconium diamonds are made alike. There is actually a more superior kind, which is called a ziamond. Ziamond rings are more expensive than regular zirconium rings. It is because the zirconium diamonds and diamond rings have almost the same optical and physical characteristics as real diamonds.
- The color of the zirconia ring band. Just like a black titanium wedding ring, a black zirconium ring is also a lot more expensive.
- The design and other gems in the ring. Of course, the more detailed the design is and the more precious the gems are in the ring, the more the price will increase.
The price of zirconium rings ranges from around $100 to more than $1,000. For sure, if you are looking for a plain one, you will end up getting something reasonable in price. However, if you want to shop for more elegance and sophistication for your ring, you can choose to spend more money for it.
No matter what your choice is, the bottom line here is that zirconium rings are still the more practical way in choosing your jewelry. It will give you the elegance you are looking for at an affordable price.