Life insurance is essential for many people who want to protect their loved ones in the event of their own passing. However, many may delay getting this needed coverage because of the time and hassle related to obtaining a medical exam. Luckily, there are life insurance policies that do not require a medical exam in order to receive coverage. The easiest way to get life insurance without a medical exam is to do an Internet search for companies that will offer insurance in this manner.
- Use an Internet search engine, such as Google or Yahoo, to begin your search. You should enter "life insurance + no medical exam" or "life insurance" "no medical exam" into the search bar.
- This will bring up a list of websites for companies who offer life insurance with no medical exam or websites who have compiled these companies into a convenient list for you.
- You will need to look into as many companies as possible before you decide on a purchase. Each company will have its own stipulations regarding a policy that requires no medical exam. This step is often time-consuming, therefore you may be better off searching for a website that will rate and give a review of top life insurance companies.
- You can get an instant tentative quote from each company by filling in the provided questionnaire located on its website. This will include things like date of birth, gender, and whether or not you smoke. You may also need to answer a few medical questions to help the company determine which policy would be right for you.
- Once you have found a company that offers a good deal and has terms and stipulations that you can accept, you should fill out an official application.
- The company will use your application to determine if it can extend a policy to you and, if so, what type of policy it can offer.
- If you are accepted, and agree with the amount of the insurance policy and the required premiums, you can accept the offer and set up your first payment.
Since many of these companies operate online, you can usually complete this entire process online. If you do not feel comfortable making such an arrangement online, you can make an in-person visit to companies who offer other forms of insurance, as they will likely offer life insurance as well. Ask about their medical exam requirements and if they have a program for those who do not want to obtain a medical examination. The best place to start may be with your current company, if you have another form of insurance.
If you are turned down for a policy, it won't hurt to apply to the other companies on your list as well. Each company will have its own requirements and some will be more lenient than others. If all else fails, try applying for mortgage insurance (if you still owe money on your home). Obtaining mortgage insurance will at least allow your family to pay off outstanding mortgage debt right away, leaving them with one less financial burden if something should happen to you.