Planning a vacation that includes taking in the local sights and available amusement and theme parks to maximize your vacation experience can be exciting and daunting.
You can make your life easier by being organized and approach your planning methodically. List down all the things that you will need and make the necessary purchase and reservation. If you are going by plane, some tour packages include airfare, hotel accommodation, one meal, airport transfers and discounted tickets to amusement parks. If you are planning to take a trip to California or Florida then Universal Studios is one theme park that you should not miss visiting.
Tickets to theme parks are expensive especially if you buy them at the gate. You can save a lot by buying your tickets online and avoid the long queues at the park. These online ticket outlets offer huge discounts. Most do not offer refunds for unused tickets, others do. Some send the actual tickets by courier service for an additional fee.
1. To get the most out of buying e-tickets, research the various authorized online ticket sites – affiliate sites or the Universal Studios’ own site – and compare prices.
2. Once you have decided on the outlet to purchase from, decide on the date and the particular type of ticket you want to buy.
- Annual Pass that is valid for one year from the first day of activation. It has only 11 block-out dates that are already indicated. This time of e-ticket is non-transferable and not available at the park. You get 10% savings when you purchase this annual pass.
- Adult/Child – Regular selling price is $69. You can purchase this online for $57, giving you a 17% discount.
- Front of the Line – This ticket will get you at the front line for the rides of your choice. Regular price is $ 129. You can purchase it for $119 online, a clear 8% savings.
3. Online tickets are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. Be aware that the person whose name appears on the online purchase should be the one to claim the tickets at the electronic kiosk or the Universal Studios guest service counter.
4. Make your selection/s and add them to your shopping basket. Once you have paid, your purchase will be processed and a Universal Studios Specialist will send you a confirmation email. Online ticket purchases are processed throughout the day and confirmation emails are sent between 3-5pm on the same day. A 3% processing fee is included in the ticket price.
5. Print out the confirmation email. You will use this together with a valid ID with picture (driver’s license, passport) to claim your tickets. It is wise to make several copies of the confirmation email to safeguard you against loss or misplaced copy.
6. You can also check out credit union offices in your area. They may have discounted tickets that are not available to the public.
7. Call AAA in your area or the place where you plan to go. AAA is able to buy tickets in bulk at higher discounts and offer these to their customers as an extension of their service.
8. Hotels sometimes carry discounted tickets to offer their guests.
With careful planning and a bit of research, you can fully enjoy your vacation as well as take advantage of some huge discounts. Just be aware that you should buy your online tickets from legitimate and authorized Universal Studios sellers only. Enjoy your hassle-free vacation and take lots of pictures.