If you’re just a casual stock watcher, you probably don’t need a real time stock ticker. But if you need to know the exact price of a stock in order to determine whether to buy or sell at any given moment, you probably want a real time stock ticker.
- There are plenty of places to find a real time stock ticker. You can pay for one. You can also find them free to download. Let me remind you that anytime you download something from the internet, you should take precautions to protect your computer from any potential virus downloads. Make sure you download from a reputable source, and make sure you use a good virus scanner as well.
- Whenever you decide to download or install a new program, you need to make sure that your computer is capable of running the program. Almost all programs will tell you what their system requirements are. Check your computer to make sure that you have what it takes to run the program. It can be very frustrating to try to operate a new program with an underpowered computer.
- The biggest issue will be deciding which stock ticker you want to use. Downloading is often the easy part. The program will usually pretty much self-install. It may walk you through a few decisions, but they aren’t too difficult. Depending on the program, you may get to choose how and where you want your ticker to display on your computer. Some of those decisions will depend on how you plan to use the program.
- If you are unsure of what program you want, search different investment websites or stock discussion forums. They will often preview different stock-related programs and may make some recommendations. They may discuss some of the different features and provide you with some insights that hadn’t occurred to you.
- Unless you are testing various free programs, you will probably want to have a pretty good idea of what you want and how you want to use it before you buy a program. Some of the more professional programs can get pretty pricey. If you are going to trade heavily, it might be worth it. But for the average person, you may find everything you need with a much less expensive program.
- Many of the programs will also offer an alert if your stock hits certain target points you set for it. That can be very helpful if you’re on the computer, but not actively watching the ticker.
There are many reasons why someone would want a real time stock ticker. Once you have yours downloaded, enjoy your chance to watch financial history as it unfolds.