In this time of depleting economic stability, everything has to be minimal and cheap. People want to stay generous but they need to do it the smart way. Money is always a factor when special occasions come. Children, especially, are the most excited recipients when it comes to gift-giving occasions like Christmases or birthdays. It is undeniable that toys are the most appreciated gifts among them and they would not want to receive anything else. You groan, it is now time to buy toys for a kid – your child or a godchild, but your resources are at an all time low. Don’t try to reschedule the gift giving because most of the time, these kids do not forget what you owe them! Put your wallet in your pocket, head down to a toy store of your choice and follow these simple tips:
- Be on the lookout for “red” marks. Toy stores hold toy sales to clear their stock rooms. Some of these toys are left-over stocks but are still as good as they first appeared on the shelves. Most of these items have box defects that you can easily tape-fix. There is no reason why you should not check out these sale items. The last toy stocks are often the cheapest but still in good condition. The toy stores’ main reason for this is not because the sale toys are defective but it is because they need to clear their inventory to make space for new items.
- Avoid limited edition toys. The more the toy is considered limited edition, the more expensive it becomes. Unless the kid you are going to give the toy to is particularly eyeing for that limited edition toy, don’t go into the trouble of getting him one. If she wants a Barbie doll, don’t go to the extent of buying her the limited edition. The popular doll has an extensive variety of choices. Choose one that is closest to the limited one.
- Browse the Internet. Before going to the toy center, take some time to research where you can find affordable toys. Toy store sites like toysrus.com have a list of their available toys online and at the mall. Check out blogs about it. Bloggers write based on personal experience so you will get heads up on which toy stores sell affordable toys. blogcatalog.com posts which toy store is having a sale on what time and day. These posts are helpful in finding that perfect affordable toy.
- Use coupons. Coupons can definitely lessen your expenses. Cutting out coupons from newspapers or magazines can help you get that popular toy with discount making it very affordable. You can visit sites like coupon craze on the Internet to download toy coupons from toy stores like Toys R Us.
- Outlet stores are worth checking into. Sometimes toys in mall or toy centers mark up their prices to accommodate the space rentals. You can go to their outlet store and get the same toys you want at a lower price.
Special occasions need not to be expensive to light a child’s face with a smile. Being practical is also a necessity. Whatever the occasion is, giving a child a toy usually completes it. You need to have the resources in getting it affordably. After all, giving a toy that costs less than its original price does not depreciate its value in a child’s eyes.