Coupon codes are the codes that retailers include on special offers, coupons and mailings that indicate what savings a consumer can qualify for. Each retailer has their own codes that tell their computers and cash registers what coupons to apply to any sale. If you want to find coupon codes without being on hundreds of mailing lists, then follow these instructions.
- Search the internet. You can head straight to the individual retailer's website or to a general retail site such as RetailMeNot.com or CurrentCodes.com.
- Once on the site, choose the retailer. Each site may include listings from hundreds of online retailers. If you know where you want to shop, then go directly to their available coupon codes. To find coupon codes by product or category, skip to the next step.
- Look for the product type. Each retailer may have hundreds of coupon codes that apply to different products and promotions. Once you have selected the retailer, search inside their list for codes that apply to the products you are searching for. If you don't have a specific retailer in mind, then search by product type first.
- Select the special offer to obtain the code. By selecting the offer you will find the coupon code and often the expiration date and any conditions for using the coupon. Often coupons for a percentage off the full price will include a stated minimum price or the specific brand product that the coupon applies to.
- Write down the code then head to the retailer's website. Once there you should select the product and place it into your shopping cart as you normally would. Before you checkout, there should be a field to enter the coupon or promotional code. Enter the code before you check out so you can obtain the discount.
Coupon codes for online retailers can save you hundreds of dollars each year. If you follow these instructions, you should be able to obtain coupon codes with a little effort on your part.