Everybody is looking for ways to maximize grocery savings. A grocery discount, retail coupons, grocery vouchers, and restaurant discounts are all excellent ways of bringing down your household food bill. However, perhaps one of the easiest and most convenient ways to do this is through the use of food coupons. Food coupons have been a staple source of food discounts for decades. Feeding a family can be a huge strain on the budget, especially if this family includes pets. Anyone who owns a pet knows that pet food can be quite costly as well. Luckily, nowadays, food coupons are not confined merely to human food. Pet food coupons and discounts have become commonplace as well, and with the growing cost of living, it makes sense to try and bring down Fifi’s or Bruiser’s food costs as well as your own.
Here are some tips on how to find pet food coupons and discounts:
- Manufacturer’s discounts. Most pet food manufacturers offer coupons and discounts to their customers. Some of these can be found as printable coupons on their corporate websites. Both Purina and Pedigree pet food employ this marketing tactic, so if you are a Purina or Pedigree buyer, then you can certainly take advantage of this chance to lower your pet food bill. Just make sure that you follow the instructions on how to properly print out the food coupon, and honor the promo expiration dates, if there are any.
- Sign up. In some cases, you are required to sign up for a mailing list in order to gain access to the discount coupons. Do it! It’s at no cost to you, it usually takes less than a minute of your time, and it usually entitles you to bigger savings than non-mailing list members. Once you have signed up, you will be given access to printable coupons on the manufacturer’s website.
- Join the club. For other manufacturers, such as Purina, joining the online club of pet food buyers will give you access to their food discount coupons. Again, do it! Aside from giving you good discounts, you could also get occasional freebies and updates from the manufacturer.
- Go retail. Pet food manufacturers are not the only ones who give out coupons and discounts. Oftentimes, some pet supply retailers give out coupons and discounts to their customers too. The trick is to go online and find a pet food retailer that gives out discounts to new or repeat customers. This is easy enough, as long as you have a decent Internet connection and a little patience.
- Save on shipping. Sometimes, instead of giving out coupons, pet food retailers prefer to give shipping discounts depending on the volume of pet food that you purchase. If you are the type of pet owner who prefers to buy pet food in bulk to save on packaging costs and often have your purchase delivered straight to your home, then this may be a more appropriate way for you to gain a discount for your pet food purchase. Just be sure to contact your retailer and ask for the minimum order requirements to qualify for the discounts.
Finding pet food coupons is as easy as switching on your computer and using your surfing skills to find the best deals.