A deposit receipt is an important document. It proves that you have received a payment for the deposit of your house’s sale. Without it, you can easily fall prey to unscrupulous individuals who would want to filch you of your money in subtler ways. Verbal agreements, after all, no longer work as much as they did in the past when people were nobler. What can happen most often under such type of agreements are verbal tussles that may lead into protracted legal cases. Of course, you would not want to go through all that trouble. Therefore, it is best that you have this and all the other papers necessary, such as deposit forms.
You cannot just get a piece of paper and put the details of the sale there, to come out with a makeshift receipt. The less formal it appears, the less credible it would also become. Besides, a well-designed one would represent how serious you are with the deal, and this creates the impression that you are not someone who can easily be hoodwinked in money transactions. Therefore, you may need the services of people or a company that can print you these forms. These are the ways to get your home sales deposit receipt.
- Find a company that specializes in printing office forms and documents. You can do this by either shopping around your area if there is any or by surfing the Internet. Once you find one, you can immediately make an inquiry on their products.
- A company may show you receipt samples from which you can choose one that would suit your taste. If you are doing your shopping on the Internet, you can usually find pages that are devoted to presenting the various designs for receipts.
- Once you have made a choice, order it. It should be delivered to you soon. You can then start using it for your transactions.
- In a transaction, make sure that you have a document that contains the deposit agreement. Your signature and that of the other party you are dealing with should be there. Without these, any receipt you issue or you receive in relation to the home sale can have its legitimacy challenged.
- If you were the buyer, you would naturally deem it necessary to ask for a purchase receipt as soon as you pay for the house. Therefore, if you were the one selling your home, then you should consider producing one as well immediately after you receive the deposit payment.
- If you cannot issue or receive a receipt immediately, it is necessary to give or ask for one in the soonest time possible. This is to avoid legal problems later.
Just like rental receipts, you should consider a deposit receipt after the first month from the date of purchase. If you were the seller, this would remind the buyer of his succeeding obligations. On the other hand, if you were the buyer, you would need it to make a record of your payments.