Gold stock is gaining popularity slowly but steadily. Many people invest in it as much as many women like their jewelry. And it is understandably so, since gold does well even in bear markets of the stock market and you find it steadily rising through inflation and deflation periods. The lowered risks make it a favorite. But if you are beginner, you might not know how to really invest in good gold stock. Here are some simple guidelines to walk you through the entire process:
- Diversify your investments. Whatever form of investment, the rule of thumb is not to put all of your eggs in a single basket. This means, you have to be ready to diversify your investments well.
- Grade. The grade of the gold stock you are buying helps you determine if it is highly in demand or rare. If rare, you are at an advantage since its value is higher than usual. It is really a good thing if you are able to determine the grade of gold.
- Longevity and Leverage. Some of the things to consider for assessing a company’s longevity and leverage are its debt to equity ratio and status of mining explorations. Some useful tools to help you may be studies made by websites such as Gold Stock Strategist and financial reports of reputable newspapers like Wall Street Journal.
- Politics. Political climate also determines how stable the place is for trading and investing in gold. So make sure that you are up to date with CNN news, globally if you are investing in gold not just in your country. This might take some rigorous watching, but worth it for safeguarding your investments.
- Junior Mining Stocks. Junior mining stocks take longer to generate returns, especially if their exploration operations are not exactly as robust as establishing mining companies. You might want to wait for them to explore a lot of gold first before considering investing a lot to them.
- Blue Chip Mining Stocks. Blue chip companies have already established themselves, so if you latch on to their mining arm, you are assured of pretty good returns. You just might have to shell out larger amounts for this work out, though.
- Gold Stock Mutual Funds. The safest among the gold stock investments are the gold stock mutual funds. Gold Eagle provides you a low down of charts of several popular gold stock unit prices that can aid you in your selection of the best gold stock mutual funds.
- Pure or Raw Gold Bars or Bullion. Gold bars often outgrow and outshine the other types of gold stock. This is the most traditional type of gold investment. You can try getting one from websites like Gold Money and many others.
One thing you need to watch out for is the hedging gold companies, who
like to pin the prices to a permanent value for their benefit. It might
not be for your best interests to invest your hard earned money in those
companies, since you might be a prey to the hedging practices. It’s
also good to take advantage of the bull market in gold so that you can
have returns by as much as a thousand percent!