One of the most important things to consider when selling commercial insurance is who you should partner with. Allstate and State Farm are two at the top of the list. By picking a company with a great background in customer service and longevity you will see much success also.
- You will need to have some type of license for your state. It does vary per state, so you will need to check with your local state's licensing agency to see what information they can assist you with.
- Next, making a website is a must have. More people will get on a website to pay their bills, look up something they are not familiar with, do their shopping and banking and even get commercial and residential insurance information.
- Next you will need to figure out how you are planning on circulating your name. You can pass out fliers door to door or place them on windshields in the area mall, have business cards made, do a press release in a local newspaper, advertise on the radio. Once you start getting customers, word of mouth is a great way to get more customers, but you have to get those first few customers buying so you can expand to more.
- Make sure once you start getting your potential customers you explain everything in detail to them so there are no surprises later on for you or them. A customer would be very unhappy if they thought something was covered in the commercial insurance and it isn't, which could lead to a lost customer. With a returning customer, make sure to keep them up to date with any policy changes. With customers that refer people to you, you may want to reward them with something small but something they will remember as a token of your gratitude. People see rewards as good things and will continue with you and to help your business grow.
- Another thing you will want to make sure you have for you business of selling commercial insurance is an answering machine or some type of voice mail set up. You could lose a potential new customer or miss a very important message if you do not have this.
Selling is no walk in the park, and you will see if this is something that you are thinking about taking on. You will want to make sure you have a friendly phone voice as well awesome customer service skills.