A cosmopolitan has a pleasant pinkish hue and the taste is a nice balance between sweet (triple sec/orange juice) and tart (cranberry juice). It is a favorite of cocktail recipe books and, in fact, was"the drink" on the popular show "Sex in the City."
Are you ready to try this cocktail recipe? Well, grab your shaker and get ready to learn how to make a cosmopolitan!
- 1½ oz Vodka
- ¾ oz triple sec or orange juice (it will be sweeter with triple sec, lighter with orange juice)
- 3½ oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- (optional) Lime wedge, lime rind curl or orange rind curl for garnish.
- (optional) Plain or flavored sugar in a shallow dish to coat the rim of the martini glass
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and let sit for 1-5 minutes to chill the shaker.
- Fill your martini glass with ice to chill the glass as well.
- Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Empty ½ of the ice out of the shaker and strain out any water.
- Empty the ice out of the martini glass.
- (optional) dip rim of glass into sugar to evenly coat the rim of the martini glass.
- Strain cocktail into a martini glass.
- (optional) Garnish with lime wedge, lime rind curl or orange rind curl.
- Serve immediately.
Cosmopolitans are sure to be the hit of any party!