How would you like to feast on some lobster tails? They are so much more fun to eat than whole lobsters. There are so many ways you can cook lobster tails. Lobster tails are available fresh or frozen. Be it frozen or fresh, there is a delicious recipe you can use to prepare them in a very sumptuous and delicious dish.
Lobster tails are easier to cook than whole lobsters. Most of the frozen lobster tails come from the spiny lobster. When buying lobster tails make sure that they are from cold water lobsters because they have better quality in terms firmness, color, texture and end taste of the meat. The simplest ways to cook lobster tails are simmered, steamed, broiled or cooked in the oven. Here are two of the best recipes for cooking lobster or lobster tails,
Grilled Lobster Tails with Creamy Spicy Vinaigrette
- Mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cilantro, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce, 2 garlic cloves, minced, and 2 teaspoons sugar in medium bowl. Whisk in 3/4 cup oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook 9 ounces of pasta in boiling salted water until aldente. Wash with cold water and then drain.
- Prepare the barbecue grill. Brush lobster tails with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Put lobster tails in the grill with the meat side on the grill for 3 minutes. Turn over lobster tails then grill until meat is solid in center for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy large skillet then toss pasta, chives and parsley. Serve with vinaigrette the pasta topped with lobster tails and garnished with lemon wedges.
Lobster Tails Thermidor
- Boil 4 inch deep water in a pan, add 4 packs of lobster tails and let it boil for about 8 minutes. Put lobster tails in a strainer; wash them under running cold water until they cool down. Use kitchen shears to cut underside of tails. Remove the lobster meat from the shell and set the shells aside. Arrange the shells in a low Pyrex dish. Cut the lobster meat into large pieces.
- In a small hot frying pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter and stir fry the lobster meat over medium fire. While in a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook 1 small onion finely chopped for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- In a small sauce pan cook for 2 minutes a mixture of 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1 small white onion, finely chopped. Whip in the mixture a sprinkle of wine and 1/2 cup milk. Take out sauce pan from the fire and blend in 1/3 cup grated white cheese and 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder. Put a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Combine sauce with lobster meat. Pour mixture over the shells in a baking dish and sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs on top. Broil until golden for about 2 minutes. Arrange in a platter of lettuce, parsley and slices of lemon.
Now that you are done with your recipes, you are all set to present your dish to the family. The presentation is as good as the taste; indulge and enjoy!!!