Are you a coffee drinker who likes to experiment with coffee to create differently-flavored coffees? Do you find it expensive to purchase a cup of coffee with a different flavor? How would you like to prepare your own coffee with a twist? Flavored coffee drink can be inexpensive and fun to prepare. You have a large variety of drink choices like latté, cappuccino, straight shot and caffé mocha.
The easiest way to add flavor to your coffee is by adding flavored extracts. Try to look for flavor extracts in the grocery store or from flavor suppliers. You could try raspberry, orange, almond, Irish crème, lemon, vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, hazel nut and cherry nut. Just add a pinch to your cup of coffee, stir, and enjoy.
Or, you could try preparing homemade flavored coffee blends. Here are some easy but extraordinary recipes for flavored coffee that you can premix, store and give as gifts. Don’t forget to label your mixes! Package these mixes in a jar or pretty bag if you're giving these as gifts.
- Bavarian Mint Coffee - Mix 2/3 cup instant coffee, a cup of sugar, a teaspoon of dried mint leaves, and 2/3 of a cup of creamer.
- Café L'Orange –Mix 2/3 of a cup of instant coffee, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of desiccated orange peel, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Spiced Coffee – Mix 2/3 of a cup of instant coffee with 1 and 1/3 cups of sugar, a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder, a half teaspoon of nutmeg powder and half a teaspoon of allspice.
- Chocolate Almond Coffee – Mix 2/3 cups of instant coffee with 1 teaspoon of almond extract, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg and 2 teaspoons of chocolate extract.
There are also recipes for ready-to-drink flavored coffee:
- Frozen Cappuccino – In a blender, mix until smooth one scoop of frozen yogurt, a half cup of milk, 1 tablespoon of Hershey’s chocolate milk mix, and 1.5 teaspoons of instant coffee. Then pour the mixture in a tall glass and put another scoop of frozen yogurt on top. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings for a more pleasant presentation and added flavor.
- Java Chip Coffee - Fill a blender half full with crushed ice. Then blend until thick (and still icy) 4 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, 4 tablespoons of chocolate chips, and 4 cups of freshly brewed double-strength dark roast coffee. Pour the mixture into four tall glasses, top with whipping cream and sprinkle with chocolate syrup or chips.
- Maharashtra Coffee – In a percolator or coffee maker, bring to a boil a mixture of 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of coffee granules, ½ teaspoon of cardamom, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg or cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Pour in 2 coffee mugs and serve with coffee cookies.
- Caramel Vanilla Latte – Mix ¾ cup of freshly brewed coffee, ¼ cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a large coffee mug. Add in 1 tablespoon of caramel-flavored sundae syrup and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Top with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream.
Now you are all set to enjoy your home roasting coffee and give it some twist by preparing some flavored coffee drinks. There are still a lot of ways to create flavored coffees using various flavorings and extracts available. You just have to be creative and ready to explore some innovations and new ideas in preparing and transforming that gourmet coffee bean into an exciting new drink.