Tired of fried chicken? You want to serve a new chicken dish for dinner? Try this easy to cook recipe. It is a good main dish served with steamed cooked rice or mashed potatoes.
4 pieces chicken leg quarters
½ cup cooking oil
2 pieces chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in
2 cups water
Garlic Mushroom Sauce:
4 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoon onion, chopped
1 cup garlic, minced
1 cup leeks, sliced diagonally
1 cup of fresh mushrooms (button, oyster, shiitake mushrooms), sliced
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
3-4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
4 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in pan.
- Fry chicken until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, leave in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add butter and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add leeks and mushrooms and let cook for a minute.
- Add chicken stock, oyster sauce, pepper, and sugar.
- Thicken sauce with dissolved cornstarch.
- Once sauce is thickened, add chicken.
- Let chicken simmer for 20 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!