Have you been to the Philippines? If not, the Philippines are a magnificent country to visit. They are well known for their breathtaking white beaches, unique artistry, preserved historical sites, hospitable people and their delicious food. Thanks to many diverse cultural influences throughout history, a unique cuisine has developed in the Philippines. Filipino food has a very exquisite taste, always using the freshest and strictly picked ingredients. Among the all-time most popular Filipino foods is adobo. Here's some procedure for you to follow.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 kg pork (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 kg chicken (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- ½ onions (chopped)
- 1 pc ginger (crushed)
- 1 pack laurel leaves with seeds
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits
1. Pre-heat the frying pan on high heat.
2. Put the oil on the very hot pan.
3. Put garlic, onions and ginger to the hot frying pan.
4. Saute pork and chicken until it turns light brown on medium heat. Mix the pork and chicken well for evenly cook. To reduce fat, you can saute the pork first and let the fats dissolve. Remove excessive oil from the frying pan (saturated fats are not good for our cardiovascular health).
5. Pour lemon juice and pineapple juice from the can and let it boil for 5-10 minutes, but don't let it dry out. The pork and chicken will absorb the taste of the lemon and pineapple, and will make the meat tender. Adding more lemon juice only improves the taste, in my opinion.
6. Pour water, vinegar, pineapple tidbits, whole laurel leaves with seeds and soy sauce, and then simmer it for 15-20 minutes on medium heat with constant stirring.
7. After 15-20 minutes, add black pepper, salt and sugar to taste.
8. Serve your Filipino adobo in a bowl. Servings are good for 3-5 persons.
Adobo in the Philippines is usually served with rice. It was often prepared and served for guests, especially for foreign visitors, as the main dish. For its exquisite taste and as a good source of protein, Filipino adobo is a dish that everybody should try. Happy Eating!!