There are many benefits of fish. With low fat and high protein, vitamins and minerals, fish is an important source of nutrients for the body. It is an excellent food for all people, especially children, pregnant women and mothers who are breastfeeding, because its protein is more easily assimilated than other meats, contributing to the development and functioning body. Doctors recommend eating fish at least once a week.
Tasty and nutritious, fish is an excellent choice of menu, but you must have some care with buying and conservation of food. The fish should have bright eyes, when pressed with the fingers there should not be marks on the body. The meat should be firm and elastic. The gills have to be red or pink, the scales should be bright and well adhered to the skin.
Once you have the fish, it needs to be cleaned. Do not buy fish in outdoor sales, as it should be kept at a low temperature that does not spoil. If frozen, the package must be sealed and not runny. Confirm the weight.
If it is canned, the can should not be dented, swollen or rusted. Check the expiration date.
When storing fish, put it in a tightly closed plastic bag and store in the refrigerator immediately after purchase. It is recommended that you consume it no more than two days later.
Get the ingredients:
- 700g fillet of fresh fish
- flour enough to coat the fish
- oil for frying
- Season the fish only with salt.
- Pass the steak in the flour, until it is completely covered.
- In a saucepan put enough oil to fry the fish and let it warm up well.
- When the oil is hot start frying the fish. Fry until well browned on both sides.
- When nicely browned on both sides, remove from heat and place on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
You can serve the fried fish accompanied with rice and a green salad. White wine is an excellent drink to pair with fish.
If you prefer to serve fried fish as an appetizer, cold beer goes well with it.