Few dishes are as hearty and well loved by the entire family as casserole. One of the easiest and beset casseroles that you can make is curry chicken casserole, which is very easy to prepare and has a rich and filling taste that will definitely win over the entire family. Here’s how you can cook this dish yourself.
- Sauté the vegetables. First of all, you need to prepare all of the ingredients, starting with the vegetables which you will sauté first. The basic ingredients for chicken curry casserole include a cup of diced celery, two spoonfuls of butter, one cup of onion, a pack of rice, a can of mushroom cream soup, three cups of chicken, five teaspoons of curry powder, and a pint of sour cream. Mix all of the ingredients together and sauté in some oil, until the vegetables have cooked enough to become softer.
- Cook the rice. While the vegetables are cooking slowly in low heat, take a saucepot and fill it with some water. Wash the packet of rice in the water three times until the rice is clean, and then follow the package instructions for cooking the rice. Usually, you will need to add equal amounts of rice and water, and cook this in very low heat until the rice has become firm. After cooking the rice, transfer it into another bowl and use a spoon to separate the grains from each other.
- Add the seasoning. Next, you will need to create the actual sauce base for the casserole, which will later on be added to the rice. The sauce is made by adding some sour cream and mushroom soup to the curry powder. Combine all of these ingredients together in a separate bowl. When the liquid has the consistency that you are looking for, allow the sauce to simmer for around five minutes in the stove.
- Add the meat. After simmering the sauce, add in some meat. During this time, you should taste the sauce and check to see whether you need to add more seasoning. You can vary the amount of curry powder, pepper, and salt according to your taste. If you want, you can also add a bit of cumin powder. Cumin powder is a quintessential ingredient in Indian cuisine, and is a primary component of curry powder. Allow the meat to soak up the flavors of the sauce by letting it simmer for five more minutes. Do not add water during this point. The sauce should not thicken too much, as long as you are using the lowest heat setting available.
- Bake. Afterwards, take a pan and spray it with nonstick oil. Add in a layer of sauce and some chicken, followed by some rice. Continue building up the layers until you have finished off all of the ingredients. Bake in an over for around 25 minutes at 350 degrees, and serve.
With these easy steps, you should be able to create your very own
chicken curry casserole recipe. Serve the dish with some white wine,
which will go well with the chicken, for a filling dinner with family