Homemade cakes are simply delicious! Many people think that it takes too much time and effort to bake a cake, but there’s nothing like a homemade cake to share with your kids in an afternoon. Even if you’re not proficient in the kitchen, baking a cake can be easy and fun!
To make your cake more unique, top it off with peanut butter frosting. It’s a unique topping for a simple cake, but the flavors will blend exquisitely well together. Here’s a simple recipe for a homemade white cake with peanut butter icing.
- Prepare your ingredients. For the cake, you will need 1 ½ cups flour, one cup sugar, half a cup of milk, half a cup of butter, two eggs, two teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 ¾ teaspoon of baking powder. For the peanut butter frosting, you will need half a cup of butter, one cup of your favorite creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup cream and four cups of confectioner’s sugar.
- Preheat the oven. Before you start baking, turn on the oven and set it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the pans. For the cake, you may use two 9 inch round cake pans, or a 9x13 inch pan. If you prefer, you can also use a muffin pan to make cupcakes. Lightly grease and flour the base and sides of the pan. If using a muffin pan, place paper cake liners.
- Make the cake. Combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Next, slowly add the flour and baking powder. When it is well blended, add the milk last. When the batter is prepared, pour into the pan.
- Bake in the oven. Bake the cake in the oven for thirty to forty minutes. If you are using muffin pans, it should be done in about twenty minutes. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick. It should come out clean when it is ready. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before putting on the frosting.
- Make the peanut butter icing. Making the peanut butter frosting is easy. You will need a mixer and a bowl. Combine the butter and peanut butter together and blend on medium high speed. When it has been whipped together, reduce the mixing speed to low and slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar and the cream. Alternate adding the sugar and cream until the frosting is well blended.
- Top the icing on the on cake. Remove the cake from the pan and start to put on the frosting. Using a flat spatula, get a generous dollop of icing and frost the top and sides of the cake.
Now that you have assembled your cake, it’s time for the best part: the
eating! You’ll love the delectable flavor of this soft spongy cake with
just the right amount of sweet nutty flavor of the peanut butter. This
will surely become one of your children’s favorites. Because it’s easy
to make but high in the flavor department, it will be a popular dessert
to bring to any gathering, or serve at any party. Enjoy!