Are you on a low carbohydrate diet but still want to have your favorite no-bake chocolate cheesecake? You can actually make your chocolate cheesecake with fewer carbs. How? By substituting regular ingredients with ones that contain lesser carbs.
Regular cream cheese can be substituted with light cream cheese. Artificial sweeteners can be used in lieu of regular sugar. For the chocolate, you can use sugar-free hot cocoa mixes. By eliminating the crust, you get fewer carbohydrates, too. With this recipe, you can now enjoy a low carb no-bake chocolate cheesecake without guilt any day you feel like it.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of unflavored gelatin (Knox is preferred)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 8-gram packets sugar-free hot cocoa mix (Swiss Miss Diet with Calcium Hot Cocoa works well)
- 2 tablespoons of artificial sweetener (preferably Splenda)
- 1 cup heavy cream (for whipping)
- 2 8-oz bricks softened light cream cheese (Philadelphia is a popular brand)
- 9 or 10" glass pie plate
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Vegetable spray
- 1 small glass bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 large bowl
- Electric mixer with beaters
- Rubber spatula or scrapper
- Open the 2 8-oz bricks of cream cheese and leave them on the kitchen counter to soften. Do this about an hour before you start making the chocolate cheesecake.
- Place ½ cup of hot water in the small bowl. Add the 2 ½ teaspoons of unflavored gelatin into the bowl. Stir the mixture until the gelatin dissolves. There should be no lumps.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of sweetener followed by the 4 packets of sugar-free or diet hot cocoa mix into the dissolved gelatin mixture. Stir until well blended. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for a few minutes until it cools.
- Place 1 cup of heavy cream in a medium bowl. Using the electric mixer beat the heavy cream until it is nice and stiff. The consistency should be that of whipping cream.
- Put the 2 8-oz bricks of softened cream cheese in a large bowl. Using the electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese until it is fluffy.
- Slowly add the cooled gelatin-chocolate mixture to the beaten cream cheese. Incorporate these two well using the electric mixer.
- Blend in the whipped cream to the chocolate-cream cheese mixture. Do this by folding the two mixtures by hand using a rubber spatula or scrapper. You can also use a spoon but the spatula allows for better folding. Plus, there is less wastage when you use the rubber spatula.
- Spray vegetable oil on the glass pie plate. Transfer the cheesecake mixture into the plate. Spread the mixture evenly using the same rubber spatula.
- Chill the chocolate cheesecake until firm. Overnight would be best.
- If the weather is warm, you can chill the beaters of the electric mixer and the bowl where you will be whipping the heavy cream in. This will ensure that the heavy cream whips properly.
- Depending on how low carb you want to make your no-bake chocolate cheesecake, you can use regular cream cheese for a tastier dessert.
Once in awhile, you should enjoy your favorite chocolate cheesecake. But
if your diet restricts your carbohydrate intake, don’t fret. By simply
tweaking the ingredients, you can make a low carb version of a no-bake
chocolate cake anytime.