Considering a nutritious yet refreshing drink for a hot day and your mind might just decide upon a fresh milkshake. These quaint coolers offer the creamy satisfaction of ice cream combined with the ease of a liquid. Make your own milkshake at home by following these steps or make a pitcher to share with your friends. The ingredients below will make a four small or two large vanilla shakes but you can add the chocolate or strawberry option if you desire.
4 cups vanilla ice cream
2 cups milk
4 teaspoons chocolate sauce (optional)
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Place milkshake glasses into the freezer. Using cold glasses will help the shake stay cool to give you time to enjoy. Leave for up to an hour if possible.
- Soften ice cream. It is easier to make a shake when the ice cream is slightly soft. Take the ice cream out of the freezer a few minutes before making your shake.
- Place the ingredients into a blender. Mix the ice cream, milk and added flavors into the blender. Blend on high for one minute. Don’t leave in the blender for longer or the shake will melt quickly.
- Pour shakes into frosty glasses. Take the glasses out of the freezer as soon as the blending is complete. Then pour the shake mixture in.
- Drop a straw into the shake, then enjoy. You can sip a shake right from the glass but somehow the straw adds to the flavor and the experience.
Enjoying a cool milkshake on a hot day may remind you of days gone by when you sipped a concoction at a diner with your best girl. It may even be a treat that brings back memories of favorite family holidays. Whatever your reasons for desiring a milkshake, you can make and enjoy one anytime with these instructions.