The modern trend in the world of mixing drinks is covering the sometimes awful flavor of alcohol with luscious dessert taste. This way, people are able to satisfy their sweet tooth, and at the same time, get the booze that they’ve always wanted, to get off all the stress from a weeklong work. As a matter of fact, even the famous staple bar drink, martini, has been invaded by such “development”. For chocolate addicts, who are many out there, chocolate martini has been formulated to perfection to satisfy their lust for chocolates, and for booze as well.
Having a dinner date with your special someone this weekend, or hosting a party soon? Serving a cupful dose of chocolate martini could very well be a good idea. But the only problem is that you don’t know how to prepare it. Here is a simple recipe and easy-to-follow steps on how to make a perfect martini.
- Use Vodka. If there’s one ingredient that is present in all martinis, it is vodka. Never use gin, as it will overpower the taste of your martini.
- No particular brand of chocolate. The good thing in mixing your own drink is that you’re able to put in all the ingredients that you want to put in your drink. This way, you can control the taste of it. In making a chocolate martini, you don’t have to use a particular brand of chocolate, as people have different preferences when it comes to chocolates. Some like Hershey’s, and some crave for Cadbury’s. Some are willing to die for Lady Godiva chocolates, while there are a few who desire Girardeli’s dark chocolate. The point is, use your favorite chocolate.
Recipe. Prepare the following:
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 table spoon of melted chocolate
- 2 ounces of Goldenbar Chocolate vodka
- 2 ounces of Creme de Cacao
- Shaved ice
- Chilled martini glasses
Five easy steps:
- Melt your chocolate. Place your chocolate in a small pan. Put your pan on top of a stove, and set the fire very low (remember that the last thing that you want is a burnt-chocolate taste, and chocolate easily burn in high fire). Stir the chocolate constantly until it completely turns into liquid. Turn your stove off.
- Mix sugar and chocolate. Once you’ve already melted your chocolate, add ½ teaspoon of granulated sugar to your melted chocolate. Mix it well until the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Mix and shake. Get your shaker, half-filled with ice. Pour the chocolate-sugar mixture, 3 ounces of Goldenbar Chocolate vodka, and 2 ounces of Creme de Cacao, into you shaker. Give it a good 3-4 shakes.
- Chill your martini glasses. Make sure to place your martini glasses inside the freezer for ten to fifteen minutes before using them. Chilled glasses prevent the ice on your drink from melting fast, diluting your drink in no time.
- Pour and indulge! Following the third step, pour the contents of your mixer into chilled martini glasses. Take a sip. Indulge!