Do you have problems on how to make your leftovers look and taste delicious again? If you are having trouble about your food going to waste then learning how to make a self-crusting quiche could be the answer. Turning your leftovers into this delectable would make virtually any type of leftover delightful again. Read on for the easy steps to making this dish:
- Know the main ingredients. You will need the following: five eggs, garlic, two tablespoons of cottage cheese, chives or spring onion, pepper, salt, one half cup of milk, cream, one half cup of corn meal and a non-stick pie tin.
- Know the add-ons. You can add some other ingredients such as vegetables, meat, bacon, spinach, and asparagus turkey. Feel free to add anything that you think would complement the taste in this recipe. Of course, you should think about how the add-ons will complement the taste of your dish.
- Heat up the ingredients. If you choose to add further ingredients, first you must heat it up or cook it again using butter to add consistency in the taste. Cook it with 40g of butter or oil if you prefer. You can also use chopped onion and potatoes. You can cook it in microwave for just a minute using foil.
- Prepare the basic ingredients. Fry the onion, garlic and chives in a frying pan. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, and gradually add in the cream and milk. Then put the fried chives and onion in the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients. Start mixing the flour and add the baking powder, onion and cottage cheese. Mix them well until you achieve a smooth texture. After this procedure, you can now put the egg mixture and blend them together. Add melted butter and salt. After mixing all these ingredients you can now pour in the add-on ingredients.
- Bake. Pour the mixture to the non-stick pie tin or flan while making sure that the filling is equally administered in the container. You can top it with some sliced tomatoes or zucchini if you wish. But that part is optional, depending on your specific taste. Place the pie tin in the oven; cook it at about twenty-five to thirty minutes at 300 degrees. Wait until it’s firm and has a golden brown color at the top.
- Serve your quiche. When it’s already cooked, remove the pie tin from the oven and allow it to cool. Now it’s ready to serve. Serve it just directly with the tin. It is best if you serve it with lettuce salad to enjoy it. You are now ready to eat your lovely and delicious self-crusting quiche.
There is actually a variety of food that you can add by using eggs. Eggs can go along with almost anything, and it can be used for different kinds of recipes totally different from one another. It is also genius reinventing your foods by blending it all together and mixing it with eggs. Making self-crusting quiche is especially essential during the Christmas season, when people tend to have more leftovers than usual. A little reinventing can be done to make them enticing again to eat. Good luck!