The Alabama Slammer drink was created in the 1970’s at the University of Alabama, thus the name. It is an alcoholic drink that does not taste too strong but is definitely intoxicating. This alcoholic drink is actually one of the popular drinks that you can order in bars. Going to bars and paying for drinks that you can make by yourself can be expensive.
If you are going to have a house party, you can make your own Alabama Slammer to impress your friends and other guests. Making this drink is not hard at all. All you have to do is purchase some ingredients from the liquor store and prepare some old fashioned glasses!
Here are the steps on how you can make your very own Alabama Slammer at home:
- Ingredients. First get all the ingredients that you need for the drink. You will need Southern Comfort, Amaretto, Sloe gin, orange juice and sweet and sour mix.
- Measure ingredients. Measure the ingredients that you need and put them in a shaker with ice. You will need half an ounce each of the Southern Comfort, Amaretto and Sloe gin and a splash each of the orange juice and the sweet and sour mix.
- Alabama Slammer. Shake the shaker well until the mixture is cold. Strain the Alabama Slammer on an old fashioned glass and garnish with a slice of orange. Serve the drink.
These are the easy steps on how you can make your own Alabama slammer at home. There are also other variations of this drink that you can also serve at your party. You will need other ingredients to serve these other drinks. Here are some of the variations of the Alabama Slammer that you can do:
- Alabama Riot. For this, you will need 2 ounces of Southern Comfort, an ounce each of vodka, Peppermint Schnapps and lime juice and 8 ounces of fruit punch. Put all the ingredients in a Collins glass except for the lime juice. Stir the mixture and add the lime juice on top.
- Alabama Fizz. For the Alabama Fizz drink, you will need 2 ounces of gin, half an ounce of lemon juice, club soda, a sprig of mint and a teaspoon of powdered sugar. Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice except for the soda. Shake well and pour over a highball glass with 2 ice cubes. Add the soda and garnish with mint.
- Alabama Slammer Shooter. For the Alabama Slammer Shooter, you will need one part each of Amaretto, Crème de Noyaux, Bourbon and orange juice. Put all the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and strain in shot glasses.
These are some of the best Alabama Slammer variations that you can also serve at home. Making your own cocktails is not that hard as long as you have all the ingredients that you need. You can look for more recipes on the Internet so that you can create other famous cocktails and alcoholic drinks.