Making individually wrapped enchiladas can be time consuming and requires so much effort. If you want to serve enchiladas the easier way, you can make an enchilada casserole. This is an easy dish that you can prepare and it can feed plenty of people. Find out how to make an easy enchilada casserole by following the procedure provided below.
Learn how to make an enchilada casserole by following these simple instructions.
- Ingredients that you need. The ingredients that you need for an enchilada casserole are a pound of ground beef, onions, tortillas, enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and corn chips. You can also substitute turkey meat instead of ground beef if you want. If you want to make your own special sauce for the enchilada, you can use that instead of the prepared enchilada sauce that you can purchase from the grocery store.
- Cook the beef. Get a pan and sauté the ground beef in onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. After cooking, drain the juice from the ground beef. It is important that you do this so that your casserole won’t be watery. Place the ground beef in a strainer and put a large bowl underneath to catch the extra juice.
- Make the sauce. Now you can prepare the sauce for the enchilada casserole. Get a small mixing bowl. Place a can of enchilada sauce into the bowl and mix it with a can of the cream of mushroom soup. Mix the 2 ingredients together until well blended.
- Prepare the enchilada casserole. Get a deep dish where you will serve your enchilada casserole. Get your tortillas and break them into smaller pieces. Spread them on the base of your casserole dish. Add half of the ground beef that you prepared earlier. Break more tortillas on top of the ground beef. Add the remaining ground beef that you have over the tortilla. Get the enchilada sauce and mushroom soup mixture that you prepared earlier and pour it on top of the beef.
- Add corn chips and cheese. Grate some cheddar cheese over the casserole to cover the top portion. Sprinkle on some corn chips. Now you have your easy to make enchilada casserole. If you want melted cheese, just pop in the casserole in the microwave for a few minutes. Just make sure that your casserole dish is microwave safe.
These are the steps that you can follow if you want to make an enchilada casserole. You can add more ingredients that you like to the dish, such as Mexican beans or jalapeno peppers if you want the casserole to be a bit spicy.
There are many other enchilada casserole recipes that you can easily make. You can get some of these recipes from the website CD Kitchen - Enchilada Casserole Recipes. Some of the enchilada recipes that you can find on the website are pizza casserole, spaghetti casserole, chilanda casserole and many more. You can serve these casserole dishes whenever you have a small gathering at home for your friends and family.