Some people are allergic to eggs and this prevents them from eating plenty of products that are made with eggs including cakes, pastries, muffins or cupcakes. This does not mean that you can’t eat these products at all. All you have to do is to bake your own cake without using eggs. There are plenty of eggless cake recipes that you can bake at home. One of the most popular eggless cakes that you can make is an eggless chocolate cake.
Find out how you can bake an eggless chocolate cake by following the instructions below.
- Ingredients. The ingredients that you will need for this chocolate cake are flour, cocoa powder, vinegar, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, sugar, vegetable oil and water. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit so that it will be ready when you finish mixing the ingredients. Prepare an 8 by 12 baking pan. Apply a baking sheet under the pan or grease it with butter or oil. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Measure the ingredients. Measure the ingredients ahead of time so that you can put blend them together easily. Measure 1 ½ cups of flour, 1/3 cup of the cocoa powder, a teaspoon of baking soda, half a cup of vegetable oil, 1 cup each of sugar and cold water and 2 tablespoons each of the vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients together. Prepare two mixing bowls. One will be for mixing the wet ingredients and the other is for the dry ingredients. First, mix the dry ingredients together. These are the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sugar. On the other mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, water and vanilla. Do not mix the vinegar with the mixture yet. Now you can mix in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Beat the dry and wet ingredients together until they are well combined. Afterwards, you can add the vinegar to the mixture. Mix the batter again until the vinegar is blended with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake the cake. You can now pour the mixture to the baking pan. Make sure that the oven’s temperature is already set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the baking pan inside the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cake frosting. You can add frosting to your cake but this is optional. For the frosting, combine a cup of butter, a cup of cocoa powder, half a cup of milk, 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until you reach a creamy consistency. Allow the cake to cool before you spread the frosting all over.
- Variations. You can add other ingredients to your chocolate cake such as chocolate chips or walnuts to add texture.
Now you know how to make an eggless chocolate cake. You can research for more eggless cake recipes. One website that you can go to is Eggless Cooking. They have a selection of eggless cakes, muffins, breads and cookies.