Apple dumplings are an alternative to Chinese chicken and pork dumplings recipes. Follow the recipes below and eat to your heart’s content. It’s sugary but apple like onion has a lot of fiber. As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Vegans can appreciate this as well. Aren’t you just tired of all the chicken recipes online? Chicken is of course very tasty but trying on different things is going to be a learning experience. So join the club in mastering apple dumplings. You will learn of two recipes, you can choose what you think is more to your taste.
You would need 8oz of flour, ¼ pint of milk, ¾ pint of water, 2 oz of creamy butter, 4 teaspoons baking powder, a couple of pinches of salt, 6 delicious apples and 7oz of sugar.
- First you need to sift all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread the butter evenly on the surface and throughout the mixture. The more butter, the better.
- Dust the pastry board with flour.
- Lay the pastry dough flat and divide into 6-inch squares. It doesn’t need to be perfectly equal but almost will do.
- At the middle part of of each square, put the peeled and cored apple. Make sure that you get fresh, juicy apples. It could ruin the whole thing if the apples aren't fresh.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of sugar around the top of the apple and at the sides. If you want it sinfully sweet put some more than what is recommended.
- Lift the corners up to start forming the dumpling.
- Wet the corners a little, then twist and pinch to seal the corners and edges together.
- Put the dumplings, with a bit of space in between, into a baking tin which has been coated with a thin layer of butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour the left over sugar and water over your dumplings.
- Bake for 45 minutes until it is not too soft yet not too hard; crispy is good.
- Remove and place in a decorative plate, and enjoy!
You will need 1 pastry for double crust pie, 6 apples, ½ cup butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 3 cups water, 2 cups white sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch pan.
- Make 6 square pieces of pastry. Add the apples to the center of each square.
- Put butter and sugar around each apple and sprinkle the herbs over the apples. With slightly wet fingertips, bring one corner of pastry square up to the top of the apple and seal in the apple.
- In your preferred cooking pot, first add the water. After that add the white sugar and make sure it’s dissolving correctly. Get a few drops of vanilla extract, then add butter and put it on medium heat. Boil this liquid until the sugar has completely dissolved. Put over dumplings.
- Preheat the oven for around 55 minutes and put the apple dumplings in a platter and generously apply the sauce.
Apples can bring a lot of nutritional value to any meal. They are delicious, whether served alone or made into pies or dumplings. You can search for numerous other twists on recipes for this online and you will always end up with a full stomach and a smile.