Finish your cake with banana cream frosting. This kind of frosting adds flavor to any cake—oatmeal, butter, chocolate, or even banana cake—with its rich and sumptuous taste. Make the banana cream frosting after you are done baking the cake. Here are some banana cream frosting ideas and how to prepare them.
- Banana cream frosting with rum. Prepare one ripe banana, one cup of milk, three ounces of banana pudding mix, and two tablespoons of rum. Mash the banana in one bowl. Then, add the pudding mix, milk, and rum. Mix until thick. You can also use a food processor to speed up the process.
- Banana cream frosting with vanilla. You need one ripe banana, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, ½ cup of butter, and three cups of powdered sugar. Again, mash the banana. If you are using a food processor, slice it into small pieces and beat. Then, put the butter and sugar. The sugar particularly should be added gradually. Continue to mix the ingredients together. Next, pour the vanilla syrup. Mix until the ingredients become creamy and frothy.
- Banana cream frosting with peanut butter and cream cheese. Aside from a ripe banana, you need to prepare two tablespoons of peanut butter, six tablespoons of cream cheese, 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla, one teaspoon of milk, and two tablespoons of butter. In a bowl, mix the banana with peanut butter, cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Beat until the ingredients turn pasty in texture. Then, pour the vanilla. Mix again. Now, pour the milk gradually. Mix the ingredients in between pours. The ingredients should turn creamy and thick.
- Banana cream frosting with vinegar. Prepare banana, ¼ teaspoon of vinegar, ¼ cup of salted butter, and 3 ½ cups of powdered sugar. Beat the banana and vinegar in one bowl. When they are already blended well, add the butter. Mix well. Then, add the sugar gradually. Again, beat the ingredients. You want to achieve a sharp sour blend in the creamy frosting, while the texture should be creamy and thick.
- Banana cream frosting with lemon juice. You need to have one ripe banana, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, and one cup of whipping cream. Mash the banana in one bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the whipping cream, and then pour vanilla and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Now, add the mashed banana into the blended ingredients. Mix well until creamy.
- Banana cream frosting with soy milk. Prepare one mashed banana, two tablespoons of powdered soy milk, two tablespoons of corn syrup, ½ teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of vanilla, one cup of vegetable shortening, and ½ cup of water. Under low heat, blend the powdered soy milk, corn syrup, sugar, and water. Stir for two minutes. When the sugar is already dissolved, turn off the heat. Set the mixture to cool. After around an hour, blend the shortening with the mixture. Then, add the mashed banana. Beat until the ingredients turn fluffy.
Spread the frosting on the cake immediately after preparation. Or if you
decide to store it, make sure to transfer it in a clean, airtight jar.
Use within seven to ten days.