Quiche, pronounced as keesh, is a French pie-like dish. Perfect for breakfast, quiche is superiorly tasty and can keep you energized till your next meal. What’s more, it is easy to prepare and can therefore be easily squeezed into your busy morning. Here’s how you can make breakfast quiche.
- Prepare everything you will need. For this easy recipe, you will need pie crust, four eggs, two tablespoons of butter, ¾ cup of sausage bits, ¾ cup of ham, five bacon strips, one medium onion, one garlic clove, two cups of grated cheese, ¼ cup of milk, one teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Begin to sauté. First, you need to finely chop the onion. The garlic should be pressed and should also be chopped. In a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in butter over low heat. Add the bacon strips and ham. Then, crumble them into bits. Transfer the sautéed onion, garlic, and bacon and ham bits into a bowl.
- Toss in the other ingredients. In the same bowl, add the sausage bits, pepper, and salt. Put one cup of cheese as well. Mix all the ingredients.
- Beat the eggs. In another bowl, crack the four eggs open and start to beat. You need the yolks and whites to blend together, so beat them thoroughly. Then, gradually pour the milk. Stir the ingredients well.
- Combine all the ingredients. Transfer the egg and milk mixture into the bowl of the other ingredients. Mix the ingredients. You need all the ingredients to blend well together.
- Scoop the ingredients into the pie crust. Carefully, fill the pie crust with your ingredients. Use a spoon so you can fill the crust well. Make sure to distribute the filling evenly. You don’t want to leave one part of the crust bulky while the other parts are thin.
- Bake the quiche. Make sure to preheat the oven. Then, lightly grease a baking dish with butter. Place the quiche and bake. After around 20 minutes, put the remaining cup of cheese on your quiche. Bake your quiche for 10 to 20 more minutes. When the quiche turns golden brown, it is ready for serving.
- Experiment with your quiche. You can use other ingredients for your breakfast quiche if you want to. You can add vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, and beans. And instead of breakfast meats, you can use ground beef or chicken. If you are using vegetables, make sure to sauté them with your choice of meat. Don’t overcook because they will end up a bit mushy after baking. Try to infuse other flavors as well. For example, to achieve an Italian flavor, use Parmesan cheese. If you want a Mexican flavor, add chilies. If you want something Asian, use herbs and curries.
Store the leftover quiche in the refrigerator. You can microwave it for
lunch, dinner, or the next day’s breakfast. Quiche is best served when
hot. So after removing from the oven, set it aside for just a few
minutes and then serve.