Whether it's a football party, a backyard barbecue or you're just having some friends over, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. It combines all the different flavors and textures of chicken wings, but is served as a dip! This is a dish that has been made for several different events, and the bowl is always wiped clean by hungry party guests. In fact, I often make two dishes just because it disappears so fast! So, the next time you have to bring a dish to a party, or are stuck on what to serve yourself, turn to this recipe to satisfy all of your guests.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces ranch or blue cheese dressing (depending on your taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces chicken wing sauce
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or Italian bread (or any bread you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until the juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to cutting board to cool completely.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken into strands. Shred the chicken depending on whether you like bigger or smaller pieces of chicken in your dip.
- Pour the dressing and wing sauce into a bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Add the shredded chicken to the bowl and mix so that it is combined.
- Spread the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling (about 15 minutes).
- Serve dip with tortilla chips or torn pieces of bread of your choice.
This dip is quick and easy to make and will have your guests begging for more! Enjoy!