Boneless chicken mixed with some savory vegetables is a sure fire way of eating healthy without losing on the flavor. There are many ways that you can customize this dish – you can substitute the chicken with your favorite fish. You can swap out tomatoes with mangoes, instead. You can also use canned tomatoes or the fresh ones. Read the steps and ingredients list below and see if this will fit your tastes. This is also a quick meal to do – not more than 30 minutes to make.
- Materials you will need:
- 3 pounds of boneless (and skinless, if you wish) chicken pieces
- Seasoned breadcrumbs, preferably Italian seasoned
- 2 medium sized eggs or egg substitute
- Rock salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 pieces of ripe tomatoes or 1 medium can of diced tomatoes
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- Garlic powder or2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Fresh basil and flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preparing your chicken. The first thing you need to do is to prepare your chicken. Get your chicken breast pieces and make sure they are roughly of even thickness and size. If not, pound them with a kitchen mallet. Clean the chicken well and make sure that all the skin and fat are removed. Crack the two eggs and whisk them until well blended in a bowl. Dip your chicken into this mixture and then dip the coated chicken into the seasoned breadcrumbs pile, which should be mixed with salt and pepper for flavor. Do this until you have coated all chicken parts. Set them aside.
- Frying your chicken. Get a heavy bottom pan so that the heat is distributed well. Heat the pan and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Do not heat the pan too much or else the olive oil will burn. Place your breaded chicken on a single layer and fry them until all sides are golden brown. Do not stir them often or else you will shake off the breading. Just turn them once after 3-4 minutes on each side. The chicken will be absorbing some of the oil so drizzle more olive oil as you go along. Do this until you have all pieces fried. Set them aside and let them drip on a paper towel.
- Preparing your topping. Mix your chopped tomatoes (or canned diced tomatoes) in a bowl with the chopped basil and parsley. You can also add cilantro for a semi-Mexican feel. Add your spices, your oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Leave this aside for 10 minutes or so to make sure the tomatoes will absorb the flavors.
- Serving it up. Now that all of your dish elements are ready, you can assemble them in your serving dish. Get your fried chicken pieces and lay them flat on the dish then spoon some of the relish on top. You can add additional fresh chopped herbs to make it even more colorful.
You can add cheese to this dish by sprinkling some extra Parmesan cheese on top