When we go to restaurants, viands are often matched up with chips. The list of appetizers also includes chips. And these chips come with various kinds of dips. You can select which dip you like to go with your chips. Then they serve you your request. These classic dips are even available in the supermarkets. Manufacturers sell them in bottles of various sizes. There is a wide range of flavors to choose from: cheese, onion, garlic, spinach, etc. Some dips are even a combination of two flavors. These dips may be expensive. So if you love eating your chips with flavorful dips, make your own mixes at home. You can even make as many as you want. It should still cost you less than buying it from the grocery stores.
Here are the steps on how to make some of the classic dips for chips:
Classic French onion dip
- Prepare the ingredients. These are the things you need to prepare for the French onion dip: sour cream, green onions, cream cheese, and dry onion mix.
- Mix the sour cream and dry onion mix. Pour 8 ounces of sour cream in a mixing bowl. Then add the dry onion mix. Stir the two ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Add cream cheese. Heat up the cream cheese in a small pan. Let it melt a bit then put the cream cheese in the bowl. Mix it together with the other ingredients.
- Add green onion. For a tastier dip, add green onions. This will give extra flavoring to the homemade dip.
- Chill the dip. Put the dip in the refrigerator. Let it chill for at least 2-4 hours. Then serve the French onion dip with your chips.
Classic cheese dip
- Prepare the ingredients. Get the following for the classic cheese dip: 1 block of cheese, 1 can of chopped tomatoes, and 1 can of green chilies.
- Slice the cheese. Cut the block of cheese into small dices. Put the cheese dices into a clean mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes and chilies. Pour in the cans of tomatoes and chilies. Mix the ingredients with the cheese dices. Make sure everything is blended well.
- Heat the mixed ingredients. Pour the contents of the mixing bowl in a microwaveable container. Heat the container in the microwave for at least 5 minutes. This should let the cheese melt. Stop the microwave every minute and stir the ingredients. Your cheese dip is now ready to be served.
These two dips are just some of the classic dips that you can make. Just experiment with the ingredients. Then you should be able to come up with a real nice chip dip. You can also use these dips for vegetable salad, finger food. You can even make it as dips for fried meat, chicken or fish. Serve a variety of dips during celebrations. Make the served food extra special. Give its taste a twist with your special dips.