With these simple steps, any cook will fry up corn fritters like an expert. Corn fritters are a delicious Southern staple and so easy to make that even a novice cook can do it!
The ingredients that you will need to make corn fritters are:
- 3 cups canola oil (or other preferred oil)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn, fresh, frozen or canned (drained if canned)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon melted butter or margarine
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) together into a mixing bowl.
- Mix corn, eggs, and butter together, then fold into the sifted ingredients and stir well.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large pan.
- When oil is heated, drop corn fritter mixture into the oil by tablespoons.
- Fritters will brown on one side and must be turned to brown evenly.
- Watch fritters closely - each fritter will not take very long if the oil is hot enough.
- Repeat until the mixture has all become fried corn fritters.
Serve with maple syrup if desired. Corn fritters make a delicious side dish for any meal or can be served with bacon for a down home breakfast!