Italian dressing is a sweet and tangy dressing that is usually used for salads. You can purchase ready-made Italian dressing from the grocery store. However, you can also make a creamy Italian dressing at home to save you the hassle of going to the supermarket. The steps in making this dressing are really easy and it just takes a few minutes to make.
Find out how to make a creamy Italian dressing by following the steps provided below.
- Ingredients that you need. The ingredients that you need for the creamy Italian dressing are mayonnaise, half of a small white onion, red wine vinegar, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, ground black pepper and salt.
- Measure the ingredients. You need a cup of mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon each of the garlic powder and salt, ¾ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper. This recipe makes about 1 ½ cups of dressing. If you need more, you can just double the measurements for the ingredients.
- Make the dressing. Get your blender or food processor. It will be easier to combine the ingredients this way. Get the mayonnaise, onion, sugar and vinegar and place them inside your food processor. Blend the ingredients until they are well blended. Once it is well blended, transfer the dressing to a mixing bowl. Add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix it well with the dressing. Afterward, season with salt and ground pepper.
Now you have a creamy Italian dressing that you can use at home. Place the dressing in a container and store it in the refrigerator. There are many things that you can do with the dressing aside from using it for salads. To get some ideas on other uses of the creamy Italian dressing, read the tips below.
- Use as marinade. You can use the Italian dressing that you made as marinade for your dishes. You can use it with pork, beef, chicken and even fish. All you have to do is marinade the meat in the sauce for a few hours before baking or grilling. The Italian dressing will seep into the meat and provide a tasty flavor when you cook it.
- Use as dip for bread. Another use for the creamy Italian dressing is a dip for bread. This is good to have as appetizers if you are having some friends over at home or you can also eat this as a snack. Slice some pieces of your favorite bread and spread some butter on them. Use the creamy Italian dressing to dip the bread before eating it.
- Use as sandwich spread. Some people use mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard for adding flavor to their sandwiches. Instead of doing the usual, you can try and use the creamy Italian spread with your sandwich. It can give a tangy and sweet taste that can be delicious when combined with other ingredients such as tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce.
These are some of the things that you can do with the creamy Italian
dressing. You can search for more recipes where you can make use of the