Crème brulee is a type of dessert that you commonly see served in restaurants. This custard recipe is just enough to add the finishing touch to your delicious meal. Preparing the crème brulee takes time but it is worth it once you get to taste the finished product. If you are having a dinner party and you want to impress your friends, make a batch of crème brulee to serve as dessert.
Follow these steps to learn how to make crème brulee:
- Ingredients and materials. The ingredients that you need for crème brulee are 4 eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, salt and sugar. The tools that you need are ramekins to put your crème brulee in, a whisk, a small mixing bowl, a microwave safe bowl, a torch and a roasting pan. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the eggs. Get your small mixing bowl and separate 4 egg yolks from the egg whites. You must make sure that you don’t get some egg whites with the egg yolks since this can change the consistency of your crème brulee and cause it to become harder than it should be. Set aside the yolks since you will be using them later on.
- Mix the cream. Get your microwaveable mixing bowl and add 4 tablespoons of the sugar. Add 1 pint of the heavy cream. Use your whisk to mix the two ingredients together. Remember to just stir them together and not whisk. Place the container in the microwave oven and set it to 2 minutes just to dissolve the sugar into the cream.
- Mix the eggs in. While waiting for the sugar to dissolve, use your whisk to break the egg yolks and mix them. When the cream is ready, stir in the eggs to the bowl while whisking. Add a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of the vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients well.
- Bake the crème brulee. Pour the crème brulee mixture into the ramekins. Prepare your ramekins and arrange them on your roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan halfway with hot water. Place the baking pan in the oven for and bake for 40 minutes. After baking, remove the ramekins from the baking pan and allow them to cool. When the crème brulee is cool, place them in the refrigerator and let it set completely. The crème brulee will taste better after a day in the refrigerator.
- Serving. When you are ready to serve the crème brulee, sprinkle some sugar on the surface and torch the sugar until it forms crystals on top. Now you can serve the crème brulee.
These are the easy steps that you can follow for making your own crème
brulee at home. You can impress your friends by serving crème brulee
during holidays, parties or gatherings that you have at home. Some
people find it hard to make a perfect crème brulee. The consistency that
you want to have when it is cooked is soft and wobbly. If you do not
achieve this consistency the first time you do it, just practice more
until you get the perfect crème brulee.