Chicken Caesar salad is one of the oldest appetizers for dinner or lunch, but it is still highly appreciated until today. Chicken Caesar salad is inexpensive, is very easy to prepare, and is a healthy dish that the entire family can enjoy. Here’s how you can make one.
- Prepare the ingredients. First of all, you need to get the ingredients that will be used for the salad. You will need around half a cup of Caesar dressing, three full cups of chicken, around 8 to 10 cups of romaine lettuce, half a cup of onions, half a cup of croutons, two tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and two whole tomatoes. The chicken should be steamed for around twenty minutes, while the onions and the tomatoes should be sliced thinly. You can also add salt and pepper according to taste later on.
- Season the chicken. Now that you have all of the ingredients together, the next step is to season the chicken, which you can do by taking the half cup of dressing and using it to completely soak the chicken. Once the chicken has been fully coated, take some peeper and use it to cover the chicken. Allow the chicken to absorb the salad dressing by leaving it on a clean dish for around fifteen minutes. After this time, take the chicken and cut it into small, bite sized cubes so that it will be easy to eat the chicken.
- Toss the other ingredients. After fifteen minutes, the chicken should have already absorbed a fair amount of the salad dressing. At this point, you can combine the lettuce, the tomatoes, the onion, and the croutons. Mix well using a large , wooden spatula, and then add a drizzle of olive oil and some more Caesar salad dressing. Finally, add in the parmesan cheese as a topping for the chicken Caesar salad.
- Serve. To serve the salad, simply transfer all of the contents into a large bowl ,and add a large fork that people can use to transfer the salad onto their plates. The dish is best when served as an appetizer. You can also serve the salad with some white wine ,which will complement the taste and the flavor of the dish. The salad can also be prepared in advance, and stored into a refrigerator for several hours
- Variations. You should also try experimenting with the salad ingredients. For instance, you can add sometimes add other types of cheeses, instead of simply sticking with parmesan cheese. Or , you can also try adding a dash of white wine into the salad so that it will add a distinct, rich flavor to the salad. You should also experiment with other types of greens, such as by adding water cress instead of limiting yourself to romaine lettuce. You can also substitute the chicken with pork slices, or with fish fillet slices.
Whether for dinner or lunch with family or with friends, you should be able to easily whip up this delicious chicken Caesar salad in just a couple of minutes.