If you are looking for something that tastes different and delicious, but is very easy to prepare, the dish that you are looking for is the Chinese lemon chicken. This has a sweet and tangy taste, but and is very flavorful. This dish is perfect for families with small children, or for dinner parties. Here’s how you can make the dish.
- Marinate the chicken. Start by taking some chicken breasts. You will need around two and a half pounds of chicken for this recipe. Cut the chicken breasts into strips, and then place all of the strips in a large bowl that has been filled with some soy sauce and salt. Allow the chicken to absorb the flavor from the soy sauce by leaving it on the bowl for half an hour. Some people even leave the chicken in the soy sauce for an entire night, which results in very rich-tasting chicken. If you will leave the chicken overnight, however, you should add some oil to the soy sauce and remove the salt.
- Coat in batter. Next, prepare the batter that you will use to coat the chicken. The batter is made from half a cup of cornstarch and a teaspoon of baking powder. Add two eggs, whole with the yolk and the white. Mix all of the ingredients together until a batter is formed. Afterwards, take the chicken strips from the soy sauce , and dip them in the batter until all of the sides of the chicken strips are coated.
- Fry the chicken. Add some vegetable cooking oil to a large pan or a broiler. Allow the pan to heat up until the oil is very hot, but not yet smoking .add the chicken strips and allow the strips to fry until they are golden brown. Make sure that the chicken is submerged in the oil fully, and that there are no pink spots in the chicken. After frying , place the chicken strips in a rack that has been lined with some tissue paper or a clean towel, to absorb the drip from the freshly friend chicken strips.
- Make the sauce. Now, you need to make the sauce in a saucepan. Simply add a cup of chicken broth, two tablespoons of cornstarch, a third of a cup of plain white sugar, two spoonfuls of lemon juice, and some salt and oil. Add around three to four slices of fresh lemon. Bring all of the ingredients to a boil, and then allow to simmer for around ten minutes. The sauce should thicken after some time.
- Combine. After the sauce has been finished, simply add in the fried chicken strips. Allow the chicken to simmer with the sauce for around five minutes, after which you should transfer the dish to a clean bowl. Add some garnishing, such as some parsley sprigs.
With these steps, you should be able to create a very simple but delicious Chinese lemon chicken. Serve with tea or white wine, and with some mashed potatoes. The entire family is sure to find the dish very filling and tasty.