How To Make Delicious Stuffing for Your Roast Chickens
I am going to teach you how to make my homemade stuffing that I use in my chicken roasts. It is simple and the kids will love it. This will be a recipe that will be handed down through the generations. I got this recipe from my grandmother when I cooked my first roast chicken, and I made it perfectly despite the fact it was my first roast. It should only take around 15 min. to make the stuffing. (Note: This recipe teaches you to make the stuffing only, not how to cook the stuffing or the chicken.)
- 1 whole onion, finely chopped (red onion tastes best)
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2-3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 40 g of softened butter
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup cashews or pine nuts, ground, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup cheese (any kind)
- Anything else you want to add for a fresh twist; e.g. lemon juice, orange rind, and try different cheeses and herbs.
- Put the bread crumbs into a large bowl. Add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Add the butter and the oil and stir until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stuff the stuffing into the chicken.