Lasagna is one of the delicious dishes that kids like. If you are having a hard time making your kids eat vegetables, you can make eggplant lasagna. They might not even notice that the dish has some eggplant in it. This is an easy recipe that you can make at home. It can even be tastier than the regular lasagna that you make. Find out how to make eggplant lasagna below.
Here are the steps in making the eggplant lasagna.
- Ingredients that you need. The ingredients that you need for the eggplant lasagna are eggplants, ground beef, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper to taste, fresh parsley, onion, olive oil, an egg, a pack of lasagna pasta and tomato sauce.
- Prepare and measure the ingredients. Wash the eggplants well. Slice the eggplant into thin long slices or in thin circles. You need a pound of ground beef, half an onion, 4 cups of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of parsley, half a cup of ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the lasagna pasta. Prepare a cooking pot and fill it up with water. When the water boils, add the lasagna pasta. Cook it until the lasagna is al dente. Do not worry if the pasta is still a bit hard to bite since you will still bake it later on. Drain the lasagna pasta. Be careful when handling the lasagna so that it does not tear.
- Sauté the ground beef. Prepare a skillet and sauté the ground beef in onions. Cook the ground beef until it is brownish in color. Prepare a strainer and put a bowl under it. Place the cooked ground beef in the strainer to get rid of the excess oil. If you do not do this, your lasagna can end up watery.
- Prepare the sauce. Get a small mixing bowl and mix together the half of the ricotta cheese, an egg and season it with salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients well and set it aside. This will be the sauce for the pasta.
- Prepare to bake. Get a baking dish, spread some tomato sauce at the bottom and add lasagna pasta. Add a layer of eggplant. Afterwards, add some ricotta cheese and some ground beef. After the ground beef, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Do another layer until you finish up all your ingredients. The topmost layer of the eggplant lasagna should be a layer of eggplants topped with some mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the eggplant lasagna. Now you are ready to bake the lasagna. Get some aluminum foil and use it to cover the baking dish. Bake the lasagna for 30 to 40 minutes.
These are the steps that you can follow for making eggplant lasagna.
Your whole family will surely love this dish. The blending of the
cheeses together with the eggplant makes it more delicious. You can
serve the eggplant lasagna with some toasted French bread.