Light as a feather, fairy cakes make the perfect addition to any little girl's birthday party or tea party. Making this heavenly dessert with this recipe can be just as much a treat as eating them. Follow these steps to create special fairy cakes for your friends and family.
Tools and Ingredients for the Fairy Cakes Recipe:
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake papers
- 4 ½ oz. softened butter
- 4 ½ oz. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ½ oz. flour (self rising)
- 2 tbsp milk
- Oven set to 375F
- 1 large bowl
- 4 oz. icing sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 12 cherries cut in half
- 1 small bowl
Steps for How To Make Fairy Cakes:
- Make preparations. Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the cupcake papers into the pan and gather all the ingredients.
- Beat the butter and sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Add eggs. Incorporate the eggs a little at a time while mixing.
- Add vanilla extract. Make sure the vanilla is completely mixed in before adding the flour.
- Sift half of the flour into the mix. Slowly fold the flour in rather than beating or whisking it.
- Pour in milk then add the rest of the flour. Again fold in the flour until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Spoon mix into cupcake cups. Fill each cup slightly above half way.
- Bake for twelve minutes. Check to make certain the small cakes have risen. They should have a nice golden color on top.
- Set the fairy cakes aside to cool. While they cool, make the icing.
- Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice in the small bowl. Stir until the icing is well blended and has a semi-thick consistency. You want the icing thin enough to pour but not so thin it runs down the sides of the cakes.
- Drizzle icing over the cooled cakes. You want a light layer over the cakes.
- Top with cherries and serve. Place a single cherry half in the center of the cake top then the cakes are ready to enjoy.
Baking cupcakes is always fun and most moms are usually watching for a new cupcake recipe, especially a recipe that fits into a child's party theme; this one will make cute cupcakes. Serve these light and happy treats at your next afternoon celebration and they're sure to be a hit. This fancy dessert will delight your guests with little trouble on your part and will certainly be the easiest cupcake recipe you have made so far. Don't forget to share this homemade recipe with your friends!