There’s no better way to indulge on a Sunday morning than with a scrumptious breakfast. This weekend try making French toast to treat yourself and your family. Just follow these steps and you can whip up a great breakfast.
½ cup milk
½ tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter
½ tablespoon vanilla
½ tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Syrup or powdered sugar
Pan or griddle
- Mix ingredients for dipping mixture. In the small bowl, mix three eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until blended smooth.
- Heat pan on stove to medium heat. Add butter to the pan and heat until it melts. If you have a griddle, use it instead of a plain pan on the stove. You can control the heat better with a griddle and since many come in larger sizes you can cook more at the same time.
- Dip bread slice into the dipping mixture. Be sure to coat both sides and let the bread soak for a few seconds in the mixture. Repeat with other bread slices before adding them to the pan.
- Place bread in pan. Don’t put too many slices in the pan at the same time or you risk burning the edges while leaving the middle uncooked. Once the bread is in the pan, turn the heat down to low. Lift the corner of each piece to see if it is brown.
- Flip pieces over to brown on the other side. Let the toast cook fully on each side while on low heat.
- Serve the French toast on a plate. Offer syrup and powered sugar to top the French toast and your family will rave.
French toast takes about as long to prepare as scrambled eggs and toast with a much better reward. Indulging in this tasty breakfast option on a cold winter’s day will be worth the effort you put into breakfast. Gather your family and enjoy.