Almonds are a healthy snack you can eat just about anywhere. Dress yours up with a honey roast and you'll have a snack that conquers your sweet tooth. Just follow these instructions to make honey roasted almonds.
Tools and Ingredients
- Baking pan
- Medium sauce pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- Make preparations. Preheat oven to 350F. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Wash the almonds.
- Warm honey in saucepan. Pour the cup of honey into the saucepan then heat on medium.
- Add the Chinese five spice. Stir continuously while the honey thins and the spices blend in.
- Stir in the almonds. Stir so the almonds are lightly coated with the thin honey mixture.
- Spoon almonds onto the parchment paper. Create a thin layer of the almonds in the baking pan. Try not to overlap the almonds in the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the mixture is a dark, golden brown. Rotate the pan half way through the baking.
- Spoon the almonds onto a new sheet of parchment paper. Make a single layer on the parchment. Allow the nuts to cool completely.
- Place in a decorative dish and serve. These tasty treats will attract your guests like bees to the honey so make sure you have plenty on hand to serve.
Honey roasted almonds can be a treat you slip into your lunchbox on a busy day or a beautiful snack to serve to guests. All it takes is a little planning and some time to bake and you will have a tasty and nutritious treat.