Making kefta (Lebanese style meatballs) is a simple and easy way to bring a homemade Lebanese meal to your table. This is an irresistible recipe that would be a crime not to share. Filled with such savory flavors, once you try this, you will understand why this is my favorite meal.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 lbs of hamburger meat
- 1 bundle of parsley
- 1 small onion
- 1 potato (medium size)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cube of chicken flavor
- Black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- White rice
- Peel potato and slice into circles.
- Fry potatoes in heated oil until brown and put aside in a large pot.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Mix salt, cut onions, and chopped parsley with the hamburger meat until all ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Roll small balls out of the meat mixture. About the size of a golf ball. Mixture should be enough for about 25-30 meatballs.
- Fry the meatballs in heated oil for 4 minutes.
- Place the meatballs with the potatoes. Place the pot with the potatoes and meatballs on a heated stove.
- Add 1 cup of tomato sauce and stir ingredients gently for two minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water with the chicken flavor, and stir gently.
- Melt 2 full tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 spoon of salt in two cups of hot water then add to the pot.
- Peel tomato and slice into circles, then add to mixture.
- Add black pepper according to taste.
- Wait until food boils, then reduce heat to medium then cover pot until the sauce thickens. Add water if needed.
- Serve with white rice.
Wet your hands while making the meat balls so it won’t stick to your hands. Enjoy!