King prawns are the perfect summer grilling treat. They're big, juicy and dripping with flavor. Your guests will feel like they're being treated like a King when you serve this as a starter or a main course.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 kg. king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or more if desired)
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of chili peppers (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning. Place 3-4 prawns on each skewer. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, butter, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Heat until just melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- Grease down your grill so that there is no chance of the prawns sticking to it.
- Baste skewers with garlic butter sauce.
- Place prawn skewers onto grill.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, basting constantly. You will know they are done when their color changes to pink.
- Remove from heat. Baste again with garlic sauce. Serve immediately. Serves 4 as a main course, or 6-8 for starters.
NOTE: You can prepare these on the stove as well. Just skip the skewers and sauté in garlic sauce until pink.