Ice is essential in making food and drinks stay cold. It is also used in preserving perishable products. Ice is made by placing water into freezers or ice machines. The appearance of ice may vary depending on the freezing method and how it is produced. Ice comes in different shapes and sizes and their most common forms are ice cubes. An ice cube is a small, cubical or square form of ice. It is normally used in restaurants and fast food chains. It is also a popular item in the meat and fish section of a supermarket, where it helps preserve the products. Ice cubes are very easy to carry since they are small and can be easily stored in an ice container or an ice bottle.
Creating ice cubes is very easy. You just have to put water in an ice cube tray and put it inside the freezer. But nowadays, most of the freezers have ice cube makers. They store the ice inside their ice bins for future use. There is also a portable ice maker that can create ice cubes instantly.
Party hosts can create novelty ice cubes that come in different shapes. They can also use glow in the dark or acrylic ice cubes in neon colors. Glowing neon ice cubes can add character to drinks. This is why they are one of the hippest trends in parties today.
Here are some ways to make your own neon ice cubes.
- Prepare the ingredients first. Making neon ice cubes is different from the conventional way of making ice. You will need added ingredients like non-toxic neon colored food coloring. Water should always be filtered or distilled so that it can produce a clear ice cube.
- Boil the water. To create clear ice, you will need to boil the water to remove any excess minerals. These minerals can make your ice look cloudy.
- Let the water cool down. Once the water is cooled, put the neon food coloring according to your desired amount and mix it well. You can choose from a wide array of food colors available in the market.
- Let the water boil again. Boiling the water the second time will eliminate excess air and minerals in the mixture. Allow the mixture to cool down and set aside for at least one to two hours.
- Once the mixture cools down, pour it in an ice cube tray. Use a novelty ice cube tray to obtain different shapes and designs. Then place the tray inside the freezer. Wait for a couple of hours until it becomes solid ice cubes.
- Take the neon ice cubes out of the tray. Then carefully place them in an ice cooler so that they will not easily melt or get deformed.
You can also add different flavors in your homemade neon ice cubes. You can include fruits or other lite substances in the ice cubes to add more fun. Using neon ice cubes is a great way to lighten up a party.