Try something new for the holidays, or try something new to entertain guests. Learn how to make a New Orleans style oyster dish. The recipe is great for the main dish or an appetizer!
- Gather Tools and Ingredients.
- Frying pan
- Raw oysters
- Oyster crackers
- Creole seasoning
- Melt the Butter. Set the stove on medium high. Melt two tablespoons of butter in the frying pan. Place up to twelve oysters in the pan.
- Cook the Oysters. Cook the oysters for about ten minutes. Use the tongs to turn the oysters every few minutes.
- Prepare the Plate. Place about three oyster crackers on a plate for every cooked oyster. For example, if each plate will hold four cooked oysters, place around twelve oyster crackers on the plate.
- Serve. Once the oysters are cooked, place the cooked oysters on top of the oyster crackers. Add a few pinches of Creole seasoning to top it off.
- Make Seconds. The family and guests will be looking for seconds!
The dish is a simple recipe that family and friends will love. Oysters are usually available during the months that end with R, so be on the lookout during the months of September through December.