If you are looking for a refreshing and easy to prepare drink, you should try the orange smoothie. Smoothies are rich and creamy drinks made from milk and which go perfectly with summer and warm weather. To make the drink even more cooling, add in some oranges , which is one of the typical drinks enjoyed during summer. Here’s how.
- Chill the glass. Start by taking your glass and placing it in the freezer for around ten to twenty minutes. By chilling the glass, you should be able to maintain the coldness of your drink longer. An alternative to chilling the glass in the refrigerator is to simply place some ice cubes and some water so that the glass chills all by itself. When you are ready to use the glass, simply pour out the ice cubes and the water onto the sink.
- Mix the ingredients. Next, take six ounces of orange juice that has been frozen for around an hour or more. Place it in a large blender and add one cup of full cream milk. It is important to use full cream milk, if you want your smoothie to be extra rich and extra creamy. Afterwards, add a third of a cup of plain white sugar. If you are trying to cut back on calories, you can also use several spoonfuls of low-calorie sweeteners. Make sure that you do not use too much sweetener, however, since these are very sweet and a few spoonfuls are all you need. To give the drink a gentle and soothing taste, add in a teaspoon of fresh vanilla extract.
- Froth. There are some people who want their smoothies to be very frothy. If you want a very frothy drink, you can add the egg white from one egg. Separate the egg white from the yolk by straining the egg with your fingers , and add into the blender. Afterwards, add in around 12 pieces of ice cubes.
- Blend well. Now that your mix is ready, turn on the blender and allow blending for around a minute or so. You can alternate between high speed and low speed, so that more air can get into the mixture, making your smoothie even frothier and with small peaks forming when you pour out the drink. Make sure that you do not blend the mix for too long, however, as this will make the smoothie too watery.
- Serve. Once the smoothie has been finished, you can pour the smoothie on your chilled glass. you can top it off with some whipped cream, if you want an extra-luxurious orange smoothie, or you can even add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you have some lying around the house. If you plan on serving more than one serving of the smoothie, follow the same directions and simply multiply the proportions accordingly.
With these steps, making your very own orange flavored smoothie should
be easy. You can also add in a slice of fresh oranges to the mix, so
that you will really taste the gentle flavors of orange.