Homemade bread such as pan bread is easy to bake. The key to successful baking of pan bread is greasing the pan. It is essential to get the bread out from the pan after baking in the oven. To bake your very own pan bread, you need things such as the oven, bread pans, a sauce pan, hand mixer and big bowls. To grease the pans, you need butter, cooking oil, shortening or coarse cornmeal.
Baking pan breads is perfect for get-together parties for friends and families. The procedure is so easy that you can bake the pan bread with your children or teach newbies to the world of baking. At the same time, it is so much fun aside from teaching them.
Ingredients include 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1 large egg, 2 teaspoon salt, 2 packs of active dry yeast, 4 cups flour, 2 cups water, 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
To bake your very own pan bread, do the following steps.
- Boil two cups of water in a saucepan, and then add three tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- Get a large egg and beat with a hand mixer at moderate speed.
- Combine with two cups of hot water with butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, two cups of flour, salt and yeast. Merge all these ingredients at medium speed in the bowl. Add an egg and blend in for another two to three minutes.
- Add in two more cups of flour and knead again. By then, you should have soft dough. Knead by hand for ten minutes or until dough is stiff and smooth.
- Form the dough into a ball and cover with any saran wrap. Leave it for half an hour to let the dough rise.
- Grease the pan with cooking oil, butter or shortening to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Get the dough and knead it again. Shape the dough and transfer it into the bread pan.
- Cover the bread pans and let the dough rise within an hour. Be certain the place is warm and dark.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the bread pan into oven for approximately half an hour.
Well done! Serve the pan bread while it is hot.
To make large quantities of pan bread for large parties, just multiply the ratio of the ingredients as listed. Though bread pans are not large enough, you need to bake ahead in time or a bigger oven to accommodate more bread pans. Baking ahead of time often leaves some of the first-baked bread chilling out and having bigger ovens is not really necessary as this may weigh you down on the cooking gas and expensive price tags.
In making the dough rise, you can use a microwave oven heated for 5 minutes at the lowest setting with a cup half filled with water inside, turn off, for a warm environment conducive to let the dough rise. You can now serve cooled or freshly baked with butter, margarine or honey.