Making your own brandy beverages can be a fun treat for your holiday or summer party. If you want to make peach brandy you need to plan ahead. Follow these steps to create your special brandy.
Tools and Ingredients
- 6 ripe peaches
- 8 oz granulated sugar
- 1 pint plain brandy
- Large glass jar with airtight lid
- Large slotted spoon
- Serving bottles
- Prepare the peaches. Wash the peaches thoroughly. Slice them into quarters and remove the pits.
- Combine the ingredients into the large jar. Stir the sugar and brandy to mix with the ripe peach slices making sure that the sugar dissolves in the brandy.
- Secure the jar. Close the lid making sure it is sealed tight so air doesn't get in to contaminate the brandy. Place the jar on a shelf out of the way and store it at room temperature for one month.
- Shake jar daily. Each day remember to shake the jar so the ingredients don't separate and the peach flavor is able to infuse all of the brandy mixture.
- After one month, open the jar for the next step. Strain the mixture into new clean bottles you will later use to serve the brandy. Remove all peaches and debris so that the brandy mixture is almost clear.
- Store the brandy for six months. Store the liquid in a room temperature area out of the way. After six months the peach brandy is ready to serve.
Peach brandy is a light but decadent beverage to be enjoyed after dinner on a hot summer night. This fresh cocktail can complement your Sunday afternoon bar-b-que or any decadent event as long as you plan far enough ahead to allow the time it takes for the peach flavor to ripen and infuse the brandy.